| Prior to joining the FEI family, Zyfer was part of Odetics Inc., a California technology incubator, which spawned several tech-related subsidiaries. Established in the mid-'80s, and originally named Odetics Telecom, Zyfer was incorporated as Zyfer Inc. in 1999 and became FEI-Zyfer in 2003. |
Among other pursuits, Zyfer embarked on a journey to enter the GPS-related telecommunication market, focusing on GPS-aided precision time and frequency generation and synchronization products.
Taking advantage of the boom in the wireless industry, Zyfer played a major role in populating Korean cell-sites with more than 6,000 synchronization systems. This success led to the development of other synchronization-related products. These form the basis of the FEI-Zyfer product-set, targeting the needs of communications system integrators, who have successfully fielded more than 15,000 FEI-Zyfer products.
FEI- Zyfer's core-competencies are:
- GPS Systems Expertise — Satellite & User Segments, focussing on precision time & frequency
- SAASM GPS military receiver technology and applications to Communications and Command/Control terminals for timing and synchronization
- GPS/Oscillator Disciplining and Modeling for improved performance and holdover
- Specialists for design of low noise frequency outputs, both time and frequency domains
- WAAS and GPS-augmentation systems application to communications timing and synchronization
- Applications and Imbedded software design and architectures
- Symmetric and asymmetric cryptography technologies and key management systems for secure communications
| The FEI-Zyfer team is expert in most aspects of the synchronization field, including the related precision frequency generating components. The team is composed of an innovative staff who, either during previous employment or as part of FEI-Zyfer, have left their mark in the synchronization industry with the following developments:|
As an ISO-certified company, FEI-Zyfer offers high-performance, innovative, and cost-effective solutions for a variety of in-the-clear and secure communication networks applications.
- 1st space-rated Rubidium Atomic oscillator for the Block-I/II GPS satellites and the 1st military Rubidium atomic oscillators
- 1st to develop the world's smallest Rubidium atomic oscillator and introducing this hi-tech product to the telecom industry
- 1st GPS-aided Time and Frequency Synchronization systems that fueled the wireless industry and have become a world-standard
- Contribution to the development of the 1st SAASM-GPS military receiver and its direct-P(Y) acquisition functionality
- 1st to develop the use of the SAASM-GPS technology for military timing and synchronization
- 1st to develop the concept of using WAAS for time and frequency applications
- Patented cryptographic network security (StealthKey™)